Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I was up all night!

Amazing day and night- and had hoped not to get into any political detail on this blog- but i am so intrigued with the global response. Strange being in DC as well-Matt said we could hear fireworks and people cheering in our neighborhood at midnight!
I was so happily stunned-i have to admit i had my favorite candidate
yet highly doubted a win.
I found myself talking to Victoria, Anthony and in the UK at 4am as well as Aisha in Holland- the global ramifications are only just beginning to emerge. A friend i knew in Egypt who now lives in Dubai texted me,"a massive redemption".
I am in awe that so many people from around the world were watching this election and cared to the extent that they did (and do)!
We should all be proud no matter our party alliances!
Anthony told me that an Irish co-worker of his had taken a vacation day off from work so he could stay up all night to witness first hand democracy at work in the US! That story alone should make us all feel good no matter who you are and who you voted for!
I admit- I am now thrilled I have our little mini video from our historic voting experience preserved for Zara in her future!
Whatever your opinion, one can not deny the thrill of this amazing race and that we are alive to see it occur... It was just over 150 years ago we had 4 million enslaved in this country- and the first african slave was brought to Virginia in 1619.

OKAY, okay! New topic-
just check this video out if you have small kids!! amazing if we could teach our babies this!
http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment