Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Exciting news to Report!

My Foxcroft School Friend Missy has moved up to number 3 on her Agency's wait list for her daughter (or daughterS!!!) from Ethiopia!!!!! When we chat, I am brought back to the memories of my feelings waiting for Zara to be born & our telephone calls to Chrissie.
Missy is getting a little nervous- which if you ask me- is a good sign!!! I always won races when i was nervous before the gun went off! So keep strong Missy!!!
Here is Missy's blog; it is far more intellectual than mine and has some true educational value!!! I was blown away by her writings regarding the Fair Coffee Trade in Ethiopia! Please check it out if you have time http://ethiopianchronicles.blogspot.com/
Also! Zara & I are suprising Kiara in Jamaica this October! Kiara is Aisha's daughter and Aisha and i went to school together in Carthage, Tunisia in 1978 (5th & 6th grades). We were able to book a trip using miles on american airlines to Montego Bay! Ai's blog is http://birdsperch.blogspot.com/
This trip is particularly exciting because Aisha is making yet another courageous trip while she is battling her cancer! Her blog is also amazing to read...more to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am keeping Aisha in my prayers and hope for a positive outcome to the treatments. How great of you to go surprise her!

    Love to the fam-
    m.

    ReplyDelete