Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pogo Stick races!



Here is our street these past few days in the warmer weather- which sadly is gone again for a few days.. back into the upper 40's.  However the POGO STICK was such a great time, a complete throwback to my childhood!  I was even airborne for a second there!
Anyway, we had a great porch playdate and later dined al fresco with Granny & Grandpa Zarr.

A here is a little Jocelyn kinda story: 
To better understand the story take a quick look at Ella- 
the little blondie Swedish girl holding Zara in the pic above!   

Okay here goes:
This afternoon  i was talking on "Skype" (intranet video call) with Aisha in Holland!  Aisha "skyped" me since it was a special occasion!  A mutual friend, Helena, was visiting her from Stockholm, Sweden.  Helena, Aisha and I all went to school and did girl scouts together in Tunis, North Africa in 1978.  I have to say its been maybe 20 years at least since we all were on a phone call together- let alone a video call!   At any rate during the call, my doorbell rang, it was Ella (with her visiting Grandpa) coming to see if Zara was awake.  I wasn't going to open the door since i was so excited to be on the call and Zara was alseep anyway...  
So I just mentioned to Aisha and Helena, "Oh!  its the cutest little girl Ella from Sweden coming to see if zara is awake, but since she isn't.." Helena cut me off and asked
 if Ella had a younger sister to which i responded, "yes its M----!" 

 I could see Helena's expression turn to recognition and she said "OH!!..Her grandfather was my old boss in Vienna, he was the Swedish ambassador there!"  Needless to say, I rushed outside and dragged them in.. both grandfather and Ella spoke to Helena in Swedish to make the connection!  Turned out it was Ella's OTHER granddad that was Helena's old boss at the Swedish Ministry offices in Vienna, Austria.  
Aisha and I were left sitting laughing at each other!  It was amazing.. and yet so typical of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment